A quick and easy recipe that can be a meal or side dish.
1 cup Food With Purpose Rice & Ancient Grains, cooked al dente
2 tbsp lemon juice
¾ tbsp chopped red onion
¾ tbsp chopped red pepper
¾ tbsp chopped yellow pepper
¾ tbsp chopped kalamata olives (optional)
¾ tbsp chopped basil
¾ tbsp chopped cilantro
1 tbsp virgin olive oil
1 tsp red wine vinegar
salt and pepper to taste
- Marinate onion and peppers in lime juice for 30 minutes, drain.
- Start cooking Medley of Ancient Grains, following the cooking instructions on the package, to an al dente texture.
- Toss all ingredients in salad bowl.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Enjoy chilled or at room temperature.