One-Pot Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup
A hearty soup that goes great with grilled cheese sandwiches.
1 cup diced onion
3 cloves minced garlic
1 tsp olive oil
½ tsp fresh rosemary, chopped
1 28 ounce can diced tomatoes
1 15 ounce can tomato sauce
½ tsp dried oregano
4 large fresh basil leaves
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
4 cups chicken stock
½ cup heavy cream
2 ½ cups 3-cheese tortellini
½ cup shredded parmesan cheese + extra for garnish
- Place the onion, garlic, and olive oil, and fresh rosemary in a 6-quart soup pot or dutch oven. Sautee over medium heat for 5 minutes or until the onions are translucent.
- Add in the diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, oregano, basil, salt, pepper, chicken stock, and heavy cream and stir to combine. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Place the FOOD WITH PURPOSE three-cheese tortellini into the soup and cook for 12-15 minutes or until the tortellini are tender and cooked through.
- Stir in the parmesan cheese.
- Serve and garnish with fresh basil and shredded parmesan cheese.